Sunday, May 2, 2010

Movie remakes suck

You know, their seems to be a lot of horror remakes coming out that are completly DISRESPECTING the original movies. For example, do you remember that legendary 1978 film "Halloween? " Even if you never seen it, you probally know who the killer Michael Myers is. This film was a horor legend and classic. That was untill 2007, where Rob Zombie completly ruined it! Now, I love Rob Zombie as a music artist, but not as a Director. The first remake wasnt bad, but the second one just completly BLOWED! First of all, they took away his mysteriousness by showing his face! HOW DARE HIM disrespect the horro icon like that! He also threw in some "White Horse" crap that was just unnecessary! Then they made him yell and scream and all that mumbo-jumbo!

They also neutered Jason in Friday the 13th by making him get through Camp Crystal Lake by underground tunnels. Well that just completly ruined the mood about the superstitious side of our "Hockey masked killer that we all know and love" I cant believe that they are taking Horror Legends, and just doing whatever they want with them! As you probally know, They are now re-making Nightmare on Elm street too! Why are they doing this to them!? WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!


Untill next time, im Lord Semaj, and that will be all.

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you a +1 on the white horse comment. At first I wondered if it was a reference to Ozzy's "Mr. Crowley." Finally I decided it was a cheap way to get Sheri Moon Zombie in the movie. Come on Rob, we know she's gorgeous, but does she have to be in everything you do?

    As a whole I liked the new version. I am much older than you and I saw the original years ago. Perhaps I am at an age where I can appreciate things like cinematography and lighting. I suppose my artistic tastes have evolved through the years.

    At any rate Mr. Zombie did announce publicly that he is filming a new documentary this month. We will see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete