Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Great shirts on the wrong people

In the wickid world of high school, I see many people walking around with very talented musical artists from the past that dont have a clue about the band/artists! The most common are shirts with Bob Marley on them. I bet they cant come up with 1 Marley song to save their lives! I bet they dont even know that Bob Marley was from the Jamaica.

I also see kids walking around with Led Zeppelin shirts. So I ask them "What's your favorite Zeppelin album?" evrey single person I ask just stares at me then says that they "like them all" which I can easily tell that they cant name one album. Pathetic. Or sometimes they just tell me "that one that came out in the 80's. Every Zeppelin fan knows that there last album(Coda) was in 1982! So it's probally not the "80's" their thinking of!

Another big one is Jimi Hendrix Shirts. I ask all of those ones "name one song by Hendrix!" most of them say "Smoke on the water". Well first of all, that's a Deep Purple song and not a Hendrix one. Second of all, that song came out in 1972, when Hendrix died in 1970!

The last one is one of my favorite bands ever, Pink Floyd. I see kids with the album cover of Dark Side of the Moon on there shirts mostly. I ask them "You know which year that came out?" Do they know? Well absolutly not! They cant even come up with one song on the album! Something that bugs me is when people and websites say "THE" Darkside of the Moon. There is no THE at the beggining! There is only ONE "the" and thats after "of"!!! I also ask them if they can name 1 member of the band, and they never can.

Every once in a while, i'll run into a "fan" of one of my favorite singers, Ozzy Osbourne. I cant ask them whats there favorite song by the "Prince of Darkness" because they'll just say his song, "Crazy Train" which came out in 1979. So, to convince me that there really Ozzy fans instead of just pretending to be, I ask them, "Whats your favorite album" once again, the same with the Led Zeppelin situation, they "dont know". As for myself, I'd have to say my favorite album by Ozzy is "Blizzard of Ozz" which was released in 1980.

There are tons of other shirts that have great bands on them that the kids that dont know anything about, but hose were the major ones.

Untill next time, I'm Lord Semaj, and that will be all.

No comments:

Post a Comment