Sunday, May 16, 2010

RIP Dio

Today, May 16th 2010, me and my fellow fans of metal have lost someone very important to the music genre, Ronnie James Dio. He was 67 years old and died of stomach cancer.

Dio's first band, which was in 1957, was called "The Vegas Kings" he played the Bass guitar untill a year later, which he was the singer and re-named the band "Ronnie and the Red caps"

In 1975, he joined Rainbow, which was formed by Deep Purple guitarist, Ritchie Blackmore. Dio said that Blakmore wanted him to start writing LOVE SONGS of all things! Thats not the Dio I know. Dio quit in 1979 and joined one of my favirote bands Black Sabbath. During Black Sabbath, Dio used the most famous expression for metal ever, The "Devil Horns" i'm sure you all know what the horns are because if you dont, i'm not explaining it to you. Dio took Ozzy Osbourne's place as the singer of Sabbath untill 1982, and formed his own band called "Dio" he released one of my favirote albums "Holy Diver" in 1983. One of my favirote songs ever came off this album. It was called "Rainbow in the Dark" it has keyboards that are really catchy and cool in the song.

Dio, thank you for making awsome music. You will be missed and I salute you for your part in Heavy Metal. Dio may be gone, but his music and legacy will never die.

Untill next time, I'm Lord Semaj, and that will be all.

1 comment:

  1. Rest In Peace.

    p.s. you may wanna check your email sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete