Monday, October 18, 2010

Sabbath Song

It's October, my favorite month. I have been very busy with sophmore year and play practice so blogging has decreased (It's a wonder how Franki did it SENIOR year!)

My friend Franki of The Random Turtle, is posting lyrics to Werewolves songs. Well I'm going to be doing things only a little bit different. I need a musical artist who can write lyrics that will make you dookie yourselves! Who else should be chosen to to such a task other than the Pioneers of Metal themselves, Black Sabbath! When it comes to lyrics, pretty much all of them are written bymy favorite Bassist, Geezer Butler. He's my favorite Bassist, and 2nd favorite lyricist! (First is Roger Waters from Pink Floyd)

I'm going to try to put the song's scary factor from least to greatest. That is EXTREMELY difficult. If you disagree, dont be afraid to tell me. But I have the number 1 slot filled, and I dont think many will disagree with me on the scariest. We're going to kick things off with Iron Man from the 1970 classic, Paranoid. The lyrics differ depending on where you listen to it at.

I am Iron Man!
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all?
Or if he moves, will we he fall?
Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts in his head?
We'll just pass him here
Why should we even care?
He was turned to steel
In the great magnetic field
When he travelled time
For the future of mankind
Nobody wants him
He just stares at the world
Planning his vengeance
That he will so un-fold
Now the time is here
For Iron Man to spread fear
Vengeance from the grave
Kills the people he once saved
Nobody wants him
They just turn there heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge
SOLO
Heavy boots of lead
Fills his victims full of dread
Running as fast as they can
Iron Man lives again!
SOLO
You may or may not have understood the story depending on your intellegence. Thats the cool thing about Sabbath, they tell stories through music. You dont see THAT in modern music now do you?! Anyway, for next time I'm considering War Pigs vs Children of the Grave. Which do you think is scarier? Listen to both and let me know.
Untill next time, I'm Lord Semaj, and that will be all.

2 comments:

  1. If War Pigs and Children of the Grave are my only two choices, than I choose Children of the Grave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to the 'Iron Man' song before and didn't like it as much. After reading the lyrics, I like it. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete